About the Role
Summary: To serve as a Communications subject matter expert you will work closely with the customer and Laconic Information Technology Department to provide technical expertise in certification, configuration, training, documentation, frequency clearances, data-linkages, encryption/decryption, environmental monitoring, and all other aspects of communications related to surveys. This role requires technical subject matter expertise and insight into managing and creating high bandwidth communication paths that are in compliance with customer governments.
The organizational location of this position is: Chicago, IL as an in-person position.
• Provide experience based technical knowledge in data linkages, systems, networks, and components. (Former 1C5 / JIC experience is desired).
• Manage data link capabilities for large unmanned systems, survey teams, and other high bandwidth communication needs.
• Maintain appropriate training, certification, and documentation relevant to data link planning and operations.
• Configure and operate communications equipment designated for use with environmental monitoring and survey operations; configure and operate mesh networks or similar future systems, satellite communications, radio communications, satellite phones, cellular networks, local area networks, and any other means to meet bandwidth and spectrum requirements.
• Properly load and operate communication equipment; conduct diagnosis and troubleshooting. Obtain, load, and operate voice and data encryption/decryption devices while properly handling communications security.
• Ensure currency and quality of interface data (in/out)
• Contribute to pre/post-mission briefings; provide data link-specific parameters and advise on equipment status, capabilities, and limitations.
• Provide in-country communication plans and deconfliction to manage bandwidth limitations, while prioritizing control of unmanned assets.
2 years relevant experience with Bachelors in related field; or equivalent and 6 years relevant experience.
Experience with local area networks, cellular networks, satellite communications, mesh networks and other communication means to develop a robust communications architecture.
Demonstrated experience delivering professional products and reports.
Clearance- Must possess and maintain a TS clearance with SCI eligibility.
Skill in conducting unbiased complex research, identifying appropriate available systems/data sources, and producing collection requirement assessments that answer specific tasks to link and leverage all available capabilities in support of consumers, customers, and clients.
Skill in communicating effectively with others, both orally and in writing, in working out solutions to problems or questions related to the work, writing clear and concise information products, and delivering written and/or verbal presentations to senior level audiences for decision-making purposes.
Ability to maintain control of classified material, quickly assimilate disparate data, render knowledgeable and accurate assessments of the implication of such data, and make decisions, estimates, and recommendations under conditions of urgency and pressure based on mature judgment and experience and present and/or justify a position effectively.
About the Company
Laconic Infrastructure Partners Inc. (“Laconic”) is a leading global provider of Environmental Intelligence, Synthetic Natural-Capital Monetization, and Regenerative Ecoculture services.
Leveraging its state-of-the-art Sentient All-Domain Augmented Response (SADAR™) environmental intelligence platform, unparalleled in-situ data gathering and validation capabilities, and world-class geo-spatial analysis teams, Laconic works directly at the apex of Sovereign Nations, SOEs, NGOs, and Multinational Corporations to jointly solve a newly emerging class of complex strategic problems lying at the intersection of the ecology, economy, and security domains.
As a chartered Public-Benefit Corporation (PBC), Laconic operates as a true partner to its clients, considering the unique needs and requirements of all stakeholders to conceptualize, structure, deliver and maintain comprehensive multi-variate biologic informatics (MVBI) solutions to problems as diverse as regional food security, decarbonization initiatives, financial compliance obligations, and habitat preservation; to name but a few.
Liaising directly with the highest levels of governments, NGOs, and corporations around the world, Laconic’s Environmental Intelligence Services group delivers unique environmental insights extracted from its validated, high-quality baseline data stores to support evidence-based management of natural resources in dynamic socio-political contexts.
Supplying global institutions requiring the highest-quality structured informatics and carbon-offset monetization solutions, Laconic’s Synthetic Natural-Capital Monetization group assists our clients with the identification, management, and ongoing monetization of hitherto stranded ecosystem assets.
Exploiting its timely access to multi-variate biologic informatics, Laconic’s Regenerative Ecoculture Services group provides modern, data-driven, and sustainable quality-of-life, food & water security, and crop yield enhancement services for populations across the globe. From arid-environment wheat production in MENA to burn-free rice production in Southeast Asia, Laconic delivers innovative regenerative ecoculture solutions that protect, restore and regenerate the natural environment.
At Laconic we see humanity’s progress as unquestionably tied to the protection, restoration and regeneration of natural systems where economic growth supports a healthy and flourishing planet. It is our commitment to a better future that drives our culture, our values and the choices we make as a company; choices that shine brightly through initiatives such as our utilization of human sense-making surveys to gather insights into the experiences, needs and knowledge of the local communities who are integral stakeholders in the policy outcomes enabled by Laconic’s services.
20 years from now – we will tell our children, and their children, how we worked to build a world that is demonstrably healthier, both environmentally and socially, than the world which we have inherited.