About the Role
Summary: To serve as a Supervisor Information Technology Specialist and subject matter expert engaged in the technical analysis and administrative control of advanced communication systems for the complete integration of Laconic products and services with client’s systems.
The organizational location of this position is: Chicago, IL as an in-person position.
This position serves as the Operations Section Senior Information Technology (IT) Specialist. The purpose of this position is to perform a full range of supervisory functions providing administrative control and technical direction and oversight for subordinate personnel to include locally contracted employees within the Operations and Platforms Section. Responsible for analyzing customer requirements and managing the systems administration, optimization, operational requirements, and maintenance associated with the various local area/wide area networks (LAN/WAN), wireless systems, meshed network, satellite communications, and data services utilized across a robust computer information system, designated operations centers, and hosted from cloud-based platforms in the Continental United States. Manages customer IT requirements to meet operational, training, and readiness requirements. Ensures viable training programs are developed for assigned functions.
• Plans work to be accomplished by subordinates; sets and adjusts short-term priorities; and prepares schedules for completion of work.
• Assigns work to subordinates based on priorities, selective consideration of the difficulty and requirements of assignments, and the capabilities of incumbents.
• Evaluates work performance of subordinates. Gives advice, counsel, or instruction to incumbents on both work and administrative matters.
• Interviews candidates for positions in the company; recommends appointment, promotion, or reassignment to such positions.
• Listens to and resolves complaints from incumbents, referring group grievances and more serious unresolved complaints to a higher-level supervisor, manager, and/or human resources.
• Effects minor disciplinary measures, such as warnings and reprimands, recommending other actions in more serious cases.
• Identifies developmental and training needs of incumbents, providing or arranging for needed development and training.
• Provides technical expertise and management oversight, in the installation, administration, optimization, and operation of multiple large and enhanced complex networks and communication systems.
• Maintains required information assurance certification in accordance with Laconic Business directives and applicable federal regulations to include the Information Security Management Act of 2002, Clinger Cohen Act of 1996, to ensure the rigorous application of information security and information assurance policies, principles, and practices in the delivery of all information technology services.
• Independently oversees installation, configuration, testing, migration, integration, and operation within the network operating environment, ensuring appropriate allocation of resources and minimal service interruptions. Advises customer support specialists, by providing post-implementation support to end-users.
• Establishes project plans and priorities and coordinates with appropriate personnel to carry out the plans.
• Provides guidance to subordinates on the development of complex project plan tasks and timeliness.
• Provides detailed information regarding all technical aspects of equipment, software, and systems.
• Develops and applies project management techniques to the obtainment of new systems and enhancements to existing systems projects.
• Coordinates on decisions regarding strategic changes to IT capabilities.
• Reviews outstanding requirements, assesses and validates priorities, and provides solutions to customer problems.
• Oversees effort to setup, load, and configure hardware and software to operate networks as defined in the technical design plan.
• Coordinates installation and sustainment issues with IT and telecommunications specialists and plans for post-implementation support to end-users.
• Monitors progress of assigned projects and ensures timelines are met.
• Oversees the test and implementation of vendor-supplied modifications to existing operating systems and the installation and relocation of equipment with organizations on or supported by the base IT function.
• Optimizes the control of unmanned systems and transfer of data through all available communications.
Must possess experience or training that provides a basic knowledge of data processing functions and general management principles.
Must possess 1 to 3 years of specialized experience as a mid-level manager that provides a basic knowledge of data processing functions and general management principles and an understanding of the stages required to automate a work process and integrate computer information systems.
VOLUNTEER WORK EXPERIENCE: Refers to paid and unpaid experience, including volunteer work done through National Service Programs (i.e., Peace Corps, AmeriCorps) and other organizations (e.g., professional; philanthropic; religious; spiritual; community; student and social). Volunteer work helps build critical competencies, knowledge and skills that can provide valuable training and experience that translates directly to paid employment. You will receive credit for all qualifying experience, including volunteer experience.
About the Company
Laconic Infrastructure Partners Inc. (“Laconic”) is a leading global provider of Environmental Intelligence, Synthetic Natural-Capital Monetization, and Regenerative Ecoculture services.
Leveraging its state-of-the-art Sentient All-Domain Augmented Response (SADAR™) environmental intelligence platform, unparalleled in-situ data gathering and validation capabilities, and world-class geo-spatial analysis teams, Laconic works directly at the apex of Sovereign Nations, SOEs, NGOs, and Multinational Corporations to jointly solve a newly emerging class of complex strategic problems lying at the intersection of the ecology, economy, and security domains.
As a chartered Public-Benefit Corporation (PBC), Laconic operates as a true partner to its clients, considering the unique needs and requirements of all stakeholders to conceptualize, structure, deliver and maintain comprehensive multi-variate biologic informatics (MVBI) solutions to problems as diverse as regional food security, decarbonization initiatives, financial compliance obligations, and habitat preservation; to name but a few.
Liaising directly with the highest levels of governments, NGOs, and corporations around the world, Laconic’s Environmental Intelligence Services group delivers unique environmental insights extracted from its validated, high-quality baseline data stores to support evidence-based management of natural resources in dynamic socio-political contexts.
Supplying global institutions requiring the highest-quality structured informatics and carbon-offset monetization solutions, Laconic’s Synthetic Natural-Capital Monetization group assists our clients with the identification, management, and ongoing monetization of hitherto stranded ecosystem assets.
Exploiting its timely access to multi-variate biologic informatics, Laconic’s Regenerative Ecoculture Services group provides modern, data-driven, and sustainable quality-of-life, food & water security, and crop yield enhancement services for populations across the globe. From arid-environment wheat production in MENA to burn-free rice production in Southeast Asia, Laconic delivers innovative regenerative ecoculture solutions that protect, restore and regenerate the natural environment.
At Laconic we see humanity’s progress as unquestionably tied to the protection, restoration and regeneration of natural systems where economic growth supports a healthy and flourishing planet. It is our commitment to a better future that drives our culture, our values and the choices we make as a company; choices that shine brightly through initiatives such as our utilization of human sense-making surveys to gather insights into the experiences, needs and knowledge of the local communities who are integral stakeholders in the policy outcomes enabled by Laconic’s services.
20 years from now – we will tell our children, and their children, how we worked to build a world that is demonstrably healthier, both environmentally and socially, than the world which we have inherited.