About the Role
Summary: The Assistant Security Manager is responsible for the coordination and implementation of the security programs and functions for the organization, which includes physical, operational, information, cyber, and administrative security. Implements and participates in the strategic and tactical planning for security consistent with security policies and procedures.
The organizational location of this position is: Project Location
• Responsible for risk management and mitigation to protect the technology/program and to ensure that program cost, schedule and performance meet the thresholds of the approved security architecture for the program.
• Responsible for providing guidance in implementing security policy at internal/external facilities in foreign countries. Reviews and approves physical security documentation. Conducts site surveys and physical security accreditations.
• Responsible for providing guidance for the issuance, control, education, and guidance relative to the Security Classification Standard Operating Procedures on all classified items or systems.
• Responsible for making access eligibility determinations in accordance with the Laconic clearance and Access Nominations Process. Conducts security briefing to include indoctrinations, debriefing, annual refresher training, and foreign travel briefings.
• Responsible for reviewing documentation required for classified information systems in accordance with the current security regulations. Coordinates with the Authorizing Official to obtain and maintain current Approval to Operate.
• Maintains a proactive awareness of potential security issues as well as changes in security regulations while developing and implementing physical security standards, procedures, and programs to mitigate security issues and to ensure compliance with applicable laws and regulations.
• Provides security consultation to management and may participate in the development of security business plans respective to corporate business objectives.
• Promotes and communicates, as necessary, security policies/programs/issues with management and staff.
• May be responsible for decisions that impact the department and coordination with local security agencies.
Experience leading enhanced Security Compliance Inspections and Self-Inspections; experience in developing and implementing Corrective Action Plans for any security violations or noncompliance issues.
Experience in leading the investigations of security incidents to include, but not limited to reporting, documenting findings in accordance with policy, and recommending corrective actions.
Experience with independently assessing security problems including analyzing alternatives, recommending solutions, and providing expert technical advice, security direction, and guidance to audiences at all levels.
Expert knowledge of and experience working with the concepts, procedures, and techniques that apply to the fields of physical security, industrial security, information security, operational security, personnel security, and cyber security fundamentals.
Experience with clear communication, orally and in writing with managers and personnel in supporting agencies. Experience writing and reviewing security policy. Experience conducting briefings and communicating security guidance audiences of all levels.
An advanced information security or technology related degree is highly desirable.
Strong leadership, interpersonal, and management skills with the ability to build and sustain a successful team; and the ability to interpret and explain issues.
Must be able to work extended hours as necessary and travel as required.
VOLUNTEER WORK EXPERIENCE: Refers to paid and unpaid experience, including volunteer work done through National Service Programs (i.e., Peace Corps, AmeriCorps) and other organizations (e.g., professional; philanthropic; religious; spiritual; community; student and social). Volunteer work helps build critical competencies, knowledge and skills that can provide valuable training and experience that translates directly to paid employment. You will receive credit for all qualifying experience, including volunteer experience.
About the Company
Laconic Infrastructure Partners Inc. (“Laconic”) is a leading global provider of Environmental Intelligence, Synthetic Natural-Capital Monetization, and Regenerative Ecoculture services.
Leveraging its state-of-the-art Sentient All-Domain Augmented Response (SADAR™) environmental intelligence platform, unparalleled in-situ data gathering and validation capabilities, and world-class geo-spatial analysis teams, Laconic works directly at the apex of Sovereign Nations, SOEs, NGOs, and Multinational Corporations to jointly solve a newly emerging class of complex strategic problems lying at the intersection of the ecology, economy, and security domains.
As a chartered Public-Benefit Corporation (PBC), Laconic operates as a true partner to its clients, considering the unique needs and requirements of all stakeholders to conceptualize, structure, deliver and maintain comprehensive multi-variate biologic informatics (MVBI) solutions to problems as diverse as regional food security, decarbonization initiatives, financial compliance obligations, and habitat preservation; to name but a few.
Liaising directly with the highest levels of governments, NGOs, and corporations around the world, Laconic’s Environmental Intelligence Services group delivers unique environmental insights extracted from its validated, high-quality baseline data stores to support evidence-based management of natural resources in dynamic socio-political contexts.
Supplying global institutions requiring the highest-quality structured informatics and carbon-offset monetization solutions, Laconic’s Synthetic Natural-Capital Monetization group assists our clients with the identification, management, and ongoing monetization of hitherto stranded ecosystem assets.
Exploiting its timely access to multi-variate biologic informatics, Laconic’s Regenerative Ecoculture Services group provides modern, data-driven, and sustainable quality-of-life, food & water security, and crop yield enhancement services for populations across the globe. From arid-environment wheat production in MENA to burn-free rice production in Southeast Asia, Laconic delivers innovative regenerative ecoculture solutions that protect, restore and regenerate the natural environment.
At Laconic we see humanity’s progress as unquestionably tied to the protection, restoration and regeneration of natural systems where economic growth supports a healthy and flourishing planet. It is our commitment to a better future that drives our culture, our values and the choices we make as a company; choices that shine brightly through initiatives such as our utilization of human sense-making surveys to gather insights into the experiences, needs and knowledge of the local communities who are integral stakeholders in the policy outcomes enabled by Laconic’s services.
20 years from now – we will tell our children, and their children, how we worked to build a world that is demonstrably healthier, both environmentally and socially, than the world which we have inherited.